Office 365 was officially launched nearly two years ago, and it offers a number of advantages over traditional Microsoft Office software for small businesses. As tablets and smartphones have become more practical for business use through bluetooth keyboards and better data plans, businesses are turning to web apps and cloud storage for productivity.
Spending less for more with Office 365
- Office Home & Business 2013 includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook for $219.99 for one computer, but Office 365 Home Premium includes the same applications plus Publisher, Access, and 20GB on SkyDrive for $99.99/yr for five computers.
- The five year cost of Office 365 Home Premium for ten employees is $1000. For the same amount of time and employees, you would need to spend $1400 but you wouldn’t get Outlook, Publisher, or Access without getting Office Professional 2013, which is $399.99 for just one computer!
What Office 365 has that regular Office doesn’t
- Instant and free access to new versions of Office products
- Multiple device installs
- Compatibility with smartphones and tablets.
- 20GB of SkyDrive storage to save documents online for easy access and sharing
- Office on Demand (see next section)
Office on Demand
An Office 365 subscription includes Office on Demand, which let’s you access your Office documents and applications from any Windows 7 or Windows 8 computer through Office.com. This is not a web app. Office on Demand streams your Office applications to whatever computer you are working from so you get the same suite of features and functionality that you have on your work computer. And because your documents are saved on SkyDrive, Office on Demand eliminates the need for time consuming tasks like keeping a USB flash drive up to date with your documents and e-mailing files to yourself.
Never worry about keeping track of the Office product key you purchased years ago. Stop using outdated software that doesn’t have new and improved functionality. End your reliance on physical media. Purchase an Office 365 Home Premium subscription today.